My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Vitamin D Day...



What glorious weather we’re having right now! Despite the leaves on the ground, and other clear signs that autumn is imminent, the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the clouds are white and fluffy. In a bid to disguise the gaps in my borders where I pulled up my disappointing petunias a couple of weeks ago, I’ve placed some tubs of pansies along the left hand border wall. The large yellow and russet petals work quite well with the tiny blue and white flowers of the lobelias (in my opinion).

The buddleia blooms are now all gone and there’s precious little colour on the jasmine or lavenders, but the geraniums are this summer’s top-of-the-pops with a jolly good display which has more than made up for everything else’s shortcomings.


SEPTEMBER 24, 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment