My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Beautiful Blue Tits...


These past two days have been unexpectedly warm and sunny (and it’s a Bank Holiday weekend – astonishing!) The red jasmine has buds but no flowers as yet, however the petunias which I planted out in the wall planters are doing very well – as are the geraniums. The new begonias look ok but I’m not really familiar with how they should appear as I’ve never grown them before. The lobelias, which should be quite hardy, are unfortunately looking seriously frail.

Controversial as it is, I’m glad I opted to put slug pellets out as I managed to count over 100 dead snails, all of which would’ve been happy to munch on my new bedding plants had I not stopped them.

My cheap (99p each) solar lights are perplexing. Every night it seems a different one refuses to shine, although it’s never the same one two nights in a row, so I’m not sure which one/s to replace. I bought the exact same ones last year and they were really good – maybe this years lights are an inferior batch.

The fat balls in the magnolia has begun to attract blue tits, and it’s a real joy to watch their antics, although (as I’m discovering) it’s incredible tricky to actually photograph them…


MAY 27, 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment