My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Busy Bee...


While the bees are deliriously happy with the lavender, I remain perturbed that my lobelias and petunias have not been doing very well in their plastic planters. I’m not sure whether I’ve over-watered them (despite drilling large drainage holes) or whether I should have spent a few extra quid and bought a better quality compost; even though plants in the same compost seem to be doing ok – albeit in terracotta tubs. It may even be the fertilizer I added to help give the new plants a boost which is ironically killing them off. I may never find out what caused it, but in order to avoid any more untimely deaths I’ve had no choice but to remove the remaining plants and place them into my borders, in the hope that a change of soil and scenery will perk them up. Hmmmm…..


MAY 20, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment