My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Hail Season...



It’s a fairly typical British May Bank Holiday Weekend so far weather-wise…

Yesterday I was languishing in the scorching heat long enough to actually get a touch of sunburn as I enjoyed the company of starlings and sparrows watching three full loads of washing dry in the beautiful sunshine. 

However, today the wind is bending the cherry saplings until they almost snap in half, I hear the ominous boom of thunder up above and there’s an unwelcome mixture of rain and hail pouring out of the sky!

Thankfully I have yet to put any delicate bedding plants out, but the yellow primulas have taken a battering and the pansies look a tad shell-shocked. Needless to say there’s now not a single bird in sight and my magnolia has lost the vast majority of it’s delicate petals. Five minutes later the storm has blown over, leaving a trail of soggy mess in it’s wake. I am not impressed…


MAY 4, 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment