My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

The Very Hungry Caterpillar...


My poor forsythia seems to get it from all angles! Not only is it vandalised by the muppet next door whenever we go on holiday, it’s seemingly the favourite meal of leafcutter bees (which I really don’t mind about) and privet hawkmoth caterpillars.

The rest of the garden is looking decidedly below par but I’m not entirely sure why. I dead-head petunias on a daily basis but they’re now all leggy (and sticky), and on the days where we’ve had no rain I’m out there with my watering can to try and encourage some life back into frail-looking lobelias. Even chrysanthemums (normally a ‘safe bet’) have died on me this year! Oh well, at least the buddleia is a success…


AUGUST 20, 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment