My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Spring has Sprung!...



Could it be true? Could this finally be an end to the longest, coldest, wettest, snowiest winter I can ever remember? As I gazed upon the dried up remains of my once luscious jasmine, and stared woefully at the rotten geranium stalks now adorning my terracotta tubs, I suddenly glimpsed a flash of colour at the bottom of the garden. There, amongst the depressing sight of long-gone lobelias were a small, but definitely living, row of purple crocuses! Also making a welcome appearance was a dark pink primula. The neighbours must’ve all thought I’d gone truly mad as I couldn’t help but do a little dance, right there on the wet paving slabs, but I don’t care. Spring is here….


FEBRUARY 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment