My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Preparing For Winter...


I took full advantage of a relatively warm, dry autumn afternoon to chop down the buddleia next to my new fence (obviously, using the best offcuts to try to grow new plants for next spring) and out came the Cuprinol. 

After carefully plugging cracks and knot holes with wood filler, waiting for it to dry and then sanding it down, I slopped (literally) the staining liquid over the remaining 1/3 of the fence so it now all matches. This new fence was very expensive so I want to do the best I can to preserve it for as long as physically possible.

The geraniums have been the stars of the show this year and are still holding on in there, despite their rather moth-eaten leaves. The chives have been marvellous too, and I shall definitely be planting more next year. A small buddleia cutting I plonked into the border, sceptical that it’d survive, has actually proved me wrong and is in flower – in October!


OCTOBER 13, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment