My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Dull and Soggy...

It’s difficult…no, impossible… to get enthusiastic about the garden when there’s not even a hint of blue in the sky and everything around you is soggy.

Stepping outdoors in the cold, damp weather is enough to drive even the most enthusiastic gardeners back into a cosy, centrally heated lounge.

I made a half-hearted attempt at checking out what remains of the geraniums, but all I could find were rotting clumps of brown stems where my splendid blooms once proudly burst forth with magnificent colour. I’ll have no choice but to fork out for brand new plants once the fear of any further sub-zero temperatures subsides.

As for the ‘winter colour’ I was rather hoping for, I’m not overly impressed with the solitary yellow primula!


JANUARY 25, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment