My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

The Calm Before The Storm?...


Much as I’m loving this Global Warming, I’m starting to wonder if this is simply the calm before the storm? Yes, it’s glorious to be outside in the sunshine on 19th November, and the sight of lobelias still in bloom gladdens the heart no end, but I fear that Mother Nature may have a sting in her tail. The jasmine thinks that spring is upon us once more, however, just one frosty night will put paid to those little pink buds. The geraniums are still going strong, but a few sub-zero temperatures will turn them into rotting mulch. On a positive note, the yellow chrysanthemums and winter flowering pansies are hardy enough to withstand a nasty chill, so all will not be lost when winter finally arrives….


NOVEMBER 20, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment