My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Bargain!...




I rarely comment on my front garden as I generally don’t plant anything out there, however, a month ago Tescos were selling trays of 20 pansies at just 30p (they looked half-dead but I figured even if just 5 plants survived it’d be worth it) along with large potted chrysanthemums at just 50p each (really regret not buying more than three but there was a limit to how many I could carry).

Four weeks later all 20 pansies are doing brilliantly in my window boxes, giving me a real treat when looking out of my kitchen window. The two chrysanthemums I planted in the front have also done incredibly well (I’d split the third into 4 separate plants and they are currently starting to grow in the back garden).

I have to say, it’s probably my best ever garden bargain yet!


SEPTEMBER 29, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment