My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Chive Talking...


Well, these past few days have certainly helped fill up the water butt! I’m rather grateful I haven’t suffered the severe flooding that some parts of the country have been experiencing, however, my small suburban garden is now looking very soggy indeed. The heavy downpours have saturated the soil and knocked leaves and flowers onto the ground, making quite a mess. There’s been no sign of butterflies all week, but a welcome burst of sunshine has encouraged a solitary Red Admiral out from hiding to take advantage of the remaining buddleia blooms.

The geraniums definitely look worse for wear but I have to say I’m impressed with this years chives. They clearly enjoy the damp conditions and are looking quite spectacular at the moment.


SEPTEMBER 27, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment