My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

New Fence (The Final Chapter)...


After two long days I finally have the fence of my dreams! I made the decision to ask him to chop down the forsythia (I expect it’ll grow again); 1) to make it easier for him and 2) so I can put bedding plants in that border without the tree draining the life out of them. I kept the branches and stuck them behind the compost bin for any wildlife that enjoys that type of environment.

It all seems a little surreal right now but hopefully it’ll soon sink in that I have some much-needed privacy.

I will have to maintain it, of course, with an annual coat of wood preserver, but that’s a much easier job than constantly cutting back fast-growing forsythia branches.

Now all I need is a couple of nice couple of days so I can sunbathe………shame the weather’s turned cold….


MARCH 30, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment