My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn...


What a difference two weeks can make. A fortnight ago I was basking in glorious sunshine, watching an abundance of stunning butterflies flitting about the buddleia under clear blue skies. Today the sky is still blue but the temperatures have dropped to below 15 degrees, prompting me to dig out my thick socks and a fleece. Due to careful pruning, there’s still some life in the buddleia but very few butterflies around to enjoy it. The couple of cabbage whites I’ve seen didn’t stay long. The chives have come on a treat and the geraniums are hanging on in there. The polyanthus isn’t yet attempting to flower but I suspect it won’t be long now. The BBQ is now under cover and unless there’s a surprise ‘Indian Summer’ on the horizon then I think I can safely say that autumn has arrived…


SEPTEMBER 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment