My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Thursday 27 March 2014

Happy Easter...


It actually beggars belief that it is Easter weekend and yet again it’s snowing here in Colchester. Have the primulas and tete-a-tetes not suffered enough?! I’d optimistically put some bread out for the birds but it’ll now either be frozen to the paving slabs or covered in a thick blanket of the white stuff before any of our small feathered friends can get near it. I’ve spotted a few seagulls circling overhead but even with their strong wings I suspect they’ll struggle to battle through the blizzard for the sake of a few small bites of an old wholemeal loaf. The cover will remain over the garden table and BBQ for the foreseeable future and I’ve practically given up hope of seeing any sparrows or blue tits using my fabulous new nest boxes…


MARCH 30, 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment