My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Saturday 3 May 2014

The Gift That Keeps On Giving...




Last spring / summer I waxed lyrical about Miracle Gro Wildflower Mix, and it really was something special. However, I have now discovered that due to self-seeding, many of the beautiful flowers I enjoyed last year are growing once again, with absolutely no help from me!


Although the planters in the South-facing back garden have only just started to sprout foliage, with the promise of flowers to follow, my North-facing front garden (especially my window boxes) have been in bloom for the past few weeks. I am very much enjoying the view from my kitchen window as I spot alyssum, stocks and wallflowers along with Californian poppies.



The tiny patch of 'waste-land' by my front door was glorious a year ago, and that too is filling up nicely with all manner of wild flowers. Long may it continue...!

No comments:

Post a Comment