My Small Suburban Garden

My Small Suburban Garden

Sunday 4 May 2014

Bee Babies...

It seems that the Bank Holiday weekend sunshine has encouraged the last of my baby bees out from their nests, which is a huge relief. I never know for certain how they've fared over the winter until I can see the holes in the muddy entrances to the tubes.



I have to say, I have never, ever seen so many flowers on my white jasmine. It's quite astonishing (and smells divine). The red jasmine is lagging behind somewhat but should be in flower by June (fingers crossed).



The Miracle-Gro wild flower mix that is so impressive in the front garden right now is also lagging behind, although I'm extremely pleased to see that most of last years flowers have self-seeded. I'm also thrilled that a few of the 11 begonias I believed had failed to make it through the winter in my shed. There's shoots appearing for 4 of them, however, only time will tell what the final figure will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment